Monday, December 22, 2008

Reunion Day!



Yesterday was the reunion day according to lunar calendar, we called it 'dong zi' or 'guo dong'. It is the biggest day for chinese, and all the family member will gather together to have dinner or lunch, just like the chinese new year eve.

I have not go back to my hometown to celebrate this day with my parent since 2003, because I was studying and now i'm working in KL, so there are no such holiday for me to go back, but it's doesn't matter....we can call each other via mobile phone , or webcam...now!!

Even i'm young, but i take this special day seriously, so me and gf were cooking at home and invited her sisters and brothers came to our apartment to enjoy the meal together, we have a great time!

I hope next year, i have a chance to go back to my hometown and have a good meal with my parent, miss them so much!

At last of cause we cooked the special dessert 'tong yuen'! It's in ball shape and in traditional way there are just two colors, one is in white color, it means silver, and the other one is in red color, it means gold, so combine them means 'gam ngan'(Gold&Silver) in chinese, people said it is a wish to bring you wealth. Hahaha..I heard this from some people, don't know is true or not, but it makes sense!

No comments: